[Portaudio] Shouldn't this be 3 ?

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Tue Dec 15 13:38:06 EST 2015

I am writing practically my first application using Portaudio. Opsys is Windows.
As a first thing I enumerated the sound devices present on my PC.
I have, among others, an M-Audio Delta 44 card, with its ASIO drivers.

Executing my code in debug mode, I inspected what Pa_GetDeviceInfo
returned into a variable defined as  const PaDeviceInfo* deviceInfo

After passing all the MME devices, when it is the turn of the Delta 44
in ASIO mode, this is what I see :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15089947/pa_asio.gif

Browsing the  portaudio.h  file, I find this declaration :

typedef enum PaHostApiTypeId
{
     paInDevelopment=0, /* use while developing support for a new host API */
     paDirectSound=1,
     paMME=2,
     paASIO=3,  <================
     paSoundManager=4,
     paCoreAudio=5,
     paOSS=7,
     paALSA=8,
     paAL=9,
     paBeOS=10,
     paWDMKS=11,
     paJACK=12,
     paWASAPI=13,
     paAudioScienceHPI=14
} PaHostApiTypeId;

So, why the discrepancy ? Or is something escaping me ?
Thanks

Alberto