[Portaudio] PulseAudio Host API for Portaudio

sqweek sqweek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 08:52:38 EST 2015

On 17 December 2015 at 21:29, sqweek <sqweek at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to test this by recompiling portaudio without jack support,
> but it seems there's an issue with the configure script, as this also
> disables pulse support (even using --without-jack --with-pulse).

Whoops, the correct switch is --with-pulseaudio but it makes no
difference. Having looked at the configure script it looks like the
problem is the "checking for PULSE" section relies on one of the
PULSE_CFLAGS or PKG_CONFIG variables being non-empty. However the
PKG_CONFIG variable is only initialised if the preceding test for JACK
runs (have_jack must not be "no").

I'm not sure where the correct place is to fix that, understanding of
the autotools suite has always eluded me.
-sqweek