[Portaudio] Is it possible to compile without dll or dll to be embed inside my app ?

Volker Bijewitz volker at bijewitz.de
Mon Dec 5 02:16:38 EST 2016

Hi,

You have got two options:

  * First you may create a project that builds a static library instead
    of a DLL. If you use MS Visual Studio, you create a new project from
    the type "WIN 32 projects - static library". Now you can add all the
    files to this project and link to this library.
  * Second you can include all required files into your main project -
    if you are developing under C/C++. The only thing that may happen
    are namespace conflicts, it may be neccessary to create a namespace
    for PortAudio.

For my opinion, you need to have good arguments to choose a way like
this. A DLL is a very good concept, works perfectly and is good to
maintain. And - as more as you change, as more you need to do if
PortAudio gets updated. If you use a DLL, you just do a new build and
deploy only this DLL.

Volker Bijewitz