[Portaudio] A small guidance needed in WMME

Phil Burk philburk at mobileer.com
Mon Dec 5 12:23:02 EST 2016

If you need low latency then you should probably use the callback API.
Just make sure you don't do much besides simple scaling and routing of
signals in the callback.
If you need to send the data over a network, or to disk, then pipe it
through a ringbuffer to another thread. That way you can avoid doing any
networking in the audio callback.

You may not be able to use a bidirectional stream. In that case you may
also need to use a ringbuffer to connect two unidirectional streams.

I think that with a combination of callbacks and ring buffers you can build
whatever topology you need.

Phil Burk