[Portaudio] Configure (config.status) error on windows

Bavo Van Kerrebroeck bavovankerrebroeck at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 09:21:48 EST 2016

Hi,

I am getting the below error when running the ./configure command in both
an MSYS and bash shell on windows 10 on the freshly downloaded configure
script from *pa_stable_v190600_20161030.tgz
<http://www.portaudio.com/archives/pa_stable_v190600_20161030.tgz>:*

checking for nanosleep... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
./config.status: line 474: syntax error near unexpected token `)'
./config.status: line 474: `    *\'*) ac_optarg=`$as_echo "$ac_optarg" |
sed "s/'/'\\\\\\\\''/g"` ;;'

I have tried searching on the error and my un-confirmed hypotheses are the
error is caused by:
- parsing of 3.1 bash shell of the configure script
- operating the configure script on a windows machine and parsing errors
(info found
http://mailman.isi.edu/pipermail/ns-users/2006-September/057322.html)
but no luck in my endeavors to solve the problem.

Could anyone provide advice or a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Bavo