[Portaudio] Portaudio PulseAudio HostAPI

Evan Balster evan at imitone.com
Thu Dec 15 02:34:11 EST 2016

Hey, Tuukka ---

The other month, we started a little initiative for Hotplug support in
portaudio.  This new featureset has a little bit of overlap with
hostApi-wise setup and teardown, and we discussed another API extension
providing those features specifically.  (Click here, scroll to bottom
<https://app.assembla.com/spaces/portaudio/wiki/HotPlug>.)  There's also a
branch on the current repository dealing with device list patching, though
I don't know if it's up-to-date.  Either way, these APIs are probably a
better long-term solution than a global flag.

– Evan Balster
creator of imitone <http://imitone.com>