[Portaudio] Sonic-core Scope incompatibility with portaudio

Evan Balster evan at imitone.com
Fri Mar 11 11:27:34 EST 2016

I'll chime in and note that I've had several users report issues in
portaudio with specific problem hardware -- notably ASIO with the Focusrite
Saffire Pro interface.  Additionally, WDM-KS and DirectSound have both been
seen to make Pa_Initialize hang.  This is with r1919 in a 32-bit Windows
application.

I realize that this is not nearly enough information to diagnose or address
the problem -- rather, I'd be interested in guidance from contributors
about how I could go about collecting better information on these errors
when I can't reproduce them myself.  Should I supply affected users with
the debug DLL, or build with some verbosity switch enabled?

– Evan Balster
creator of imitone <http://imitone.com>