[Portaudio] Sonic-core Scope incompatibility with portaudio

Ross Bencina rossb-lists at audiomulch.com
Fri Mar 11 23:43:40 EST 2016

Hi Evan,

On 12/03/2016 3:27 AM, Evan Balster wrote:
> I realize that this is not nearly enough information to diagnose or
> address the problem -- rather, I'd be interested in guidance from
> contributors about how I could go about collecting better information on
> these errors when I can't reproduce them myself.  Should I supply
> affected users with the debug DLL, or build with some verbosity switch
> enabled?

I think you'd have to take it on a case-by-case basis* and do a fair bit
of diagnosis yourself. One way to do it is to enable the PA_DEBUG macros
in your build and redirect the output to a log file. Obviously the
easiest thing would be to borrow the hardware and trace it with a debugger.

Based on the way things have been around here lately I think you'd need
to develop a working fix yourself and then submit it. I would hope that
people here could provide support for debugging, but it's unlikely that
sending debug logs alone would be sufficient to get us to fix a
device-specific issue.

Does than answer your question?

Ross.

[*] By which I mean, different PA host API implementations have
different maintainers with varying availability and different ways of
working.