[Portaudio] Ubuntu dependency bug

Alan Horstmann gineera at aspect135.co.uk
Sat Mar 12 17:15:30 EST 2016

Hi Phil,

On Saturday 12 March 2016 20:52, Phil Burk wrote:
> Raymond Wynne, who is not on the PA list, wrote this:
>
> I'm not sure if you're aware of the bug at
>
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/portaudio19/+bug/1464913 since
> > you're on different development systems, but it makes it very difficult
> > to compile PA on debian-based machines.
>
> Is this something that we have control over? Is a PA developer maintaining
> the PortAudio package on Ubuntu? Or does some Ubuntu person do that?

This was raised in June 2015 (can't trace the archive) and later in Sept/Oct:

https://lists.columbia.edu/pipermail/portaudio/2015-October/000087.html

It would be down to Ubuntu/Debian package maintainers to ensure the package
has the correct dependencies, I think.  I can understand it being very
frustrating for anyone involved, such as Daniel and other Mixxx guys.  I am
not sure what to do if the bug report is getting no traction.  Anybody any
ideas?

Regards

Alan