[Portaudio] Cannot find a ease hello world FFT or what ever frequency finder.

Bjorn Roche bjorn at shimmeo.com
Mon Mar 14 11:06:19 EDT 2016

Robert is correct that Goertzel's algorithm is probably better if you are
just looking for one or two known pitches.

That said, I've seen this question so often on stack overflow that I wrote
a blog post (with code) about this some time ago. The concept is simple,
but the devil's in the details, so having it explained with working code
should help.

http://blog.bjornroche.com/2012/07/frequency-detection-using-fft-aka-pitch.html

--
Bjorn Roche