[Portaudio] How to obtain the time point when computer begins to record?

Mengqi Ren renm at mymail.vcu.edu
Mon Mar 21 17:33:23 EDT 2016

Hello Ross,

I'm using audio signal to measure the distance between two computers, one
is transmitter, the other is receiver. Now, I know the timestamp when
transmitter begins to send audio signal. I also know the beginning frame
index of its matched segment in the receiver's record. So, if I know the
timestamp when this record begins, I will know the transmitting delay
and can calculate the distance between transmitter and receiver
via transmission time delay of this audio signal. To achieve 1 meter
estimation accuracy, the required time accuracy is at milliseconds.

By the way, is there any API that can return the timestamp when the
transmitter begins to play audio?

Thanks,
Mengqi