[Portaudio] Missing port audio callbacks

Stefan Hajnoczi stefanha at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 08:12:15 EDT 2017

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 7:15 AM, Matti Sillanpää
<maash.1.bridge at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually if you look closer to code I posted, the startstream returns, but
> readstream doesn't. There's no trace from the succeeding for loop.
>
> Is there anything I could do to further open up this case? Any suggestions I
> could work around this? Perhaps some asoundrc magic?

The theory I posted in my previous email explains why PortAudio enters
an infinite loop.

It's interesting that arecord works fine.  It may be helpful to
compare the system calls made by arecord with those of your test
program.  Somehow arecord is able to record from this device while
PortAudio keeps hitting an xrun.

What does the strace look like for arecord?

Stefan