[Portaudio] portaudio windows build - unicode versus multibyte char set versus not char set specified

Ross Bencina rossb-lists at audiomulch.com
Tue Nov 13 00:24:40 EST 2018

Dennis: The question is very applicable. It relates to how PortAudio
marshals device names.

Steph: In principle it should be "seamless" but I don't think you can
necessarily expect it to be bug-free with configurations other than
those used in the shipped build files (e.g. cmake and msvs project file).

In general, PortAudio aims to deliver UTF-8 device names to the client
irrespective of the build settings.

Ross.