[Portaudio] pa_linux_alsa.c:3636 Assertion failed (with hack fix)

Alan Horstmann gineera at aspect135.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 11:09:44 EST 2019

On Thursday 10 January 2019 11:34, Puertos, Juan (GE Healthcare) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new here. I write to ask about the status of the issue discussed here:
>
> https://portaudio.music.columbia.narkive.com/3V9hsUak/pa-linux-alsa-c-3636-
>assertion-failed-with-hack-fix
>
> When is the official fix coming out? it is out already? Alternatively, is
> there any place where we could cherry-pick a temporary fix? In the thread
> it is mentioned that the patchset #1 provided is not ideal and improvements
> on it are discussed.
>
> Thanks a lot.

Well, the technical issues are well understood, but it came down to coding
style and approach, rather like Constable and Monet working together on a
picture, with Picasso contributing when he has a weekend off!

If you go to the original Columbia archive at

https://lists.columbia.edu/pipermail/portaudio/2018-November/001634.html

you can get the version 3 patch (although for me it came as a '.bin' file and
had to be renamed '.diff') and that should be fully effective, although
without any 'extra log warnings' that Ross had mentioned.

Hope this helps,

Alan